Try This 30-Day Fast to Jumpstart 2020!
New Year’s is just around the corner, and many are setting health goals to jumpstart the new decade.
But if past resolutions have taught us anything, it’s that most of them are too challenging to actually keep.
In fact, by the second week of January, one-fourth of people give up on their resolutions.
So rather than starting 2020 with a failure, we’ve got a simple 30-day fast that anyone can try.
Unlike a water fast or a juice fast, this plan is sustainable and won’t cause malnutrition.
Here’s how the fast works:
- Cut out carbs and sugar
- Skip breakfast and don’t eat within three hours of bedtime
- Increase your intake of healthy fats (avocado, olive oil, nuts, and seeds)
- Consume moderate protein (no more than 3–4 oz. per meal)
- Enjoy one cheat day a week (go crazy!)
This simple fast is incredibly effective. The best part is that you don’t need to count calories, order pre-made meals, drink weight-loss shakes, or starve yourself for days.
This fast works for 5 reasons:
1. Cutting out carbs and sugar allows your body to switch from using glucose as a fuel source to using your own body fat as a fuel source. This is also known as ketosis. Ketosis rejuvenates your mitochondria and helps you burn unhealthy visceral fat.
2. Skipping breakfast and not eating right before bed gives your body more time without digesting food — also known as intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting depletes glycogen stores, cleans out toxins, reduces inflammation, improves digestion, prevents insulin resistance, and helps your body protect against disease.
3. Healthy fats help you feel full and satisfied for longer. This makes junk food far less temping. Healthy fats also contribute to ketosis.
4. Limiting your protein intake helps your body to go into “cleaning mode.” During the fast, you want your body to clean out built-up toxins that contribute to weight gain and disease.
5. One cheat day not only helps you stay on track with the 30-day challenge, but it may even accelerate weight loss. Enjoy a guilt-free day of snacking.
How to Stay on Track With Your 30-Day Fast
The key to staying on track is to keep it simple. If you plan meals that are difficult to prepare and time consuming, chances are you’ll cave before the month is over.
For instance, try having a salad for lunch with a low-carb salad dressing. Or enjoy a salted avocado and a handful of walnuts. These meals only take minutes to prepare and require no kitchen experience.
Need some more keto-friendly meal ideas?
Check out these helpful links:
- 23 keto meals that take 30 minutes or less
- Easy weeknight keto dinners
- 39 Keto recipes for beginners
- 40+ low-carb lunches and dinners
Give it a try and see if you can complete this 30-day fast. Enjoy your new year, and let us know how it goes!
To your health,
President, Clear Health Now